Participation in the United Way Day of Caring is a great way to team build with employees and will give your office a way to make a significant impact in our community. Registration for the 2016 United Way Laurence E. Richardson Day of Caring will be open on June 13. To register for the event, click here.
- United Way Day of Caring will strengthen community relationships & corporate visibility.
- Studies show that citizens in many communities are looking increasingly to companies to "give something back" to their local communities. Volunteerism is one highly visible means of doing so.
- Participating in a service day will enhance team spirit and employee morale.
- Encouraging teams of employees within the same department to participate in off-site volunteer projects together can create internal cohesion and a shared sense of working to benefit others. In addition, the Day of Caring is an opportunity to work cross-departmentally or with other companies.
- Company participation in volunteer activities helps to recruit and retain employees.
- Studies have shown that company participation in service days or more formal volunteer programs are more likely to have lower turnover rates because employees see community service as an attractive company benefit.
- Participation in the United Way Day of Caring facilitates a greater understanding of how commitment of time and money makes a difference in our community.