Spend some time planning before your team arrives at the project site to be sure that this day is a positive experience for your volunteer team and for the agency that you’ll be working with!
- Contact the Agency Project Coordinator.
- Communicate with all team members so they know what their project is, how to dress, where to meet, what tools to bring and what they will be doing.
- Visit the site beforehand, when appropriate. This will help you to know exactly what the project will involve and what supplies are needed.
- Procure supplies/safety gear requested by the agency.
- Develop a rain strategy. How will you contact all volunteers if your project is cancelled?
- Arrange for transportation (carpools, distribute directions, etc.).
- Sign any liability forms requested by agencies.
- Submit the names of the volunteers for each project on-line by the due date at the beginning of September (see the planning timeline). This list will be used in all recognition pieces, and will be submitted to the agencies so they know who to expect on the Day of Caring. Please be attentive to the deadline for registering volunteers. Last minute additions and changes significantly impact final preparations.
- Download and print a checklist version of this page for your reference.