The United Way Laurence E. Richardson Day of Caring is an incredible opportunity to tackle large and small projects at your agency or school. You might use a volunteer team to interact with your clients or students, paint or do repair work, or landscape your agencies' grounds. Use your imagination and the resources on this web site to help you develop creative, worthwhile projects that volunteers will enjoy.
To participate in the United Way Day of Caring, an agency must:
- Be a non-profit 501(c)(3) or government agency.
- Have a project that meets a real need and is meaningful for volunteers.
- Submit projects for individuals (such as home repair for an elderly resident) through a caseworker or sponsoring agency such as AHIP or JABA.
- Submit projects that can be completed in 4-8 hours.
- Provide liability insurance to cover volunteers during the United Way Day of Caring.
- Supply materials for the projects (some materials may be brought by the volunteers, but projects with materials provided by the agency are more likely to be selected).
- Have a responsible and trusted person to plan the project and to be on hand to oversee the volunteers on the United Way Day of Caring.
- Review the Agency Manual for additional details.